South East Bendigo (Holy Trinity) Ministries
South East Bendigo Anglican Church (Holy Trinity) has 6 regular congregations and many ministries occurring on the site, including ministries for children, teenagers, young adults and seniors.
Updating the Facilities
Since 2010 we have been working our way through a series of facility upgrades with the vision to support the current and future ministries.
Upgrades have included:
- a new kitchen and foyer area
- a playground for children
- colourful and functional children’s rooms being developed
- new toilets
- disabled toilets with change tables
- a new western entrance into the church foyer
- upgraded car park
- disabled parking bays
The upgrades currently in the planning and costing stage are:
- an upgraded and extended kitchen
- new foyer
- more rooms for meetings and groups
- upgrades to the worship space and seating
A Short History
In 1904 a small group of church members under the leadership of the clergy of St Paul’s Cathedral Bendigo realised the potential for future growth on the outskirts of the then Bendigo city. The vision was for a church to serve the scattered community living among the paddocks and dairy farms of the Flora Hill area.
Holy Trinity commenced as an outreach mission church from St Paul’s Myers Street Bendigo. Services began on 6th November 1904 in Miss Morgan’s schoolroom. By 5th March 1905 part of a church building had been built and an opening service was held.
Through God’s good grace, from these humble beginnings the church plant grew until it became a parish in its own right in the 1940s. Holy Trinity Church is the largest centre in the Parish of South East Bendigo, which is the largest parish in the Diocese of Bendigo.
Holy Trinity Church has had two different locations during its history. The first situation was on the corner of Hallam and Somerville Streets, where it was the place of worship for sixty- seven years from 1905 until 1972. The second is at 14 Keck Street where the present square, brick church, surmounted by its short spire and cross, has been the spiritual home for its worshippers since that time.