Church and mission
- Give thanks for the book of Philippians and all it teaches and encourages us. Pray for God’s help to be doers not merely hearers of his word.
- Give thanks and pray for the those who volunteer as musicians.
- Pray for the different groups in our church, this week the children and family’s ministries.
- Pray for the chaplains who minister in prisons across our diocese and the prisoners they minister to.
- Pray for our link missionary Suse in South East Asia as she completes final home assignment.
- Pray for Fiona in her ministry as chaplain to Tarrengower prison.
- India: Pray for families of pastors to stay Christ-centred and stand firm in persecution. Pray for Christians who are sharing the gospel in areas where conversion is illegal.
- Pray for this devastated, war-torn nation, and the millions who live in poverty here. Pray aid would still be given by the world to the people of Yemen and that it would reach those in greatest need. Pray for health workers serving in broken systems and with little protection. Pray for an end to corruption in the government and for a way forward out of war.
- With record numbers of new cases this week, continue to pray for people suffering, grieving, serving and leading in this global pandemic. Pray too for God’s help as people struggle with restriction fatigue – pray God would help people to act wisely and thinking of others.
Climate and Environment
- Pray for scientists working on innovation and clean energy production; pray for investment into and prioritization of environmental work worldwide; and pray for climate change refugees becoming dispossessed because of rising sea levels.
National and local
- Pray for all levels of government to lead with integrity and wisdom, and to use the many resources we have for the good of all people. This week we focus on the local level and pray for the Mayor Margaret O’Rourke and other councillors.
- Pray for hope and the mental health for refugees on Manus Island and Nauru and for policy that will not leave them in endless limbo.
- Pray for new initiatives in the processing of recycling and reusable materials, for outcomes that care for the environment and take responsibility for our own waste production.
- Give thanks for our financial sector and the blessing it is to our region.
Sick and in need
- John Steele
- George and Judy Thomas
- Doug and Lyn Harrison
- Shiri Synan
- Lorenzo Santalucia
- any others known to us.
- Bruce Ham