Church and mission
- Give thanks for God’s wonderful OT plan to save the world in Christ Jesus.
- Give thanks for our home group ministries and pray for deepening relationships and spiritual growth through them.
- Pray for Trev and Rob as they begin their new roles officially at the end of this week.
- Pray for the different groups in our church, this week the 11 am and evening congregations
Ministry Development Officer – Heather Marten
- Pray for Karen in her role as Chaplain at Girton School and for the students to be open to Jesus.
- Pray for the ministry of Bush Church Aid in rural and remote Australia.
- Myanmar: Pray with the church in Myanmar as they continue to be the light of Christ in their communities.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit will change the hearts of extremist groups in Myanmar and bring them to know Jesus.
As the coronavirus wreaks havoc in this nation, pray for wise leadership from government and energy and protection for all health services; pray for God’s comfort for all who mourn and healing for those sick; pray especially for the poor and marginalised that they receive help and resources appropriate for their greater needs.
World Health Organisation
- Pray for wise leadership and calPray for wise leadership and calm heads as they advise the world around this pandemic. Pray too for impartial and helpful analysis of the reasons for the outbreak of this virus and that widespread racism and blame from many leaders around the world would be silenced by the WHO investigation.
National and local
- Pray for the Bendigo Winter Nights Shelter committee hard at work to serve our homeless population this winter. Pray for insight and openings for all the last details to come together. And pray for volunteers to be raised up throughout Bendigo’s churches to make this ministry possible.
- Pray for all levels of government to lead with integrity and wisdom, and to use the many resources we have for the good of all people. This week we focus on the state level and pray for the Premier Daniel Andrews and our local members –Jacinta Allan & Maree Edwards.
- As many students return to school, pray for families, students and educators as they adjust again.
Sick and in need
- Doug and Lyn Harrison
- Shiri Synan
- Bruce Ham
- Lorenzo Santalucia
- Eric and Muriel Jencke
- and any others known to us
- Thelma Goodbody