Joshua and the Battle of Jericho
Moses and the Israelites were in the desert for 40 years. After Moses died, God gave the Israelites a new leader and that leader was Joshua. Joshua led the people into the Promised land.
Read together Joshua 3 and 6
Read the story ”The Warrior leader” from the The Jesus Storybook Bible or read from your Bible – Joshua 3 and 6
- What city did the Israelites need to defeat?
- What did God tell the Israelites to do so they could defeat Jericho?
- Why did the Israelites succeed in defeating Jericho?
- Joshua and the Israelites trusted God to help them defeat the people of Jericho? In what ways do you trust God?
- Why is it important to trust and obey God?
- What can we do to become more obedient followers of Christ?
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”
The Israelites has been walking in the desert for the past forty years and when they entered the Promised Land, God gave clear them instructions…..they were to keep walking around the town of Jericho. The Israelites obeyed God and at the right time, God made the walls come tumbling down. Joshua and his people did not have to fight the people of Jericho, God gave them the victory.
Prayer – Dear God, Help us to follow your directions, one step at a time. In Jesus name, Amen.