Jesus performed amazing miracles for many people. He prayed for people so that they could hear and see again, helped people walk and even raised people from the dead! Today’s story of Jesus feeding 5000 people is the only miracle that is recorded in all four Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) in the Bible, so that tells us that this story is important and there is lots that we can learn from it!
Read the story from Matthew 14, Mark 6, Luke 9 or John 6 “Filled Full” from the The Jesus Storybook Bible on pages 244-249.
- What would have happened if the boy didn’t share is lunch?
- Why does God want us to share the things we have?
- The people listening to Jesus had TWO needs, do you know what they are? How did Jesus fill both of those needs?
- What are some needs that you can trust God for this week?
- Todays story reminds us that God uses ordinary people like you and me to help others (He used the little boy and his lunch to help over 5000 people that were listening to Jesus). Why does God use ordinary people like you and me?
- What’s one ordinary thing about you that God could use in big ways?
God used an ordinary boy and his ordinary lunch to feed 5,000 people. God can also use you and your ordinary things to do something amazing, too!