On the Sunday that Jesus rose from the grave, he appeared to a group of his disciples. One of the disciples named Thomas, was not present with the other disciples when this happened.
When the disciples told Thomas they had seen Jesus and that Jesus was alive, Thomas said, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand in his side, I will not believe.
Read together John 20:24-31
But he said to them, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”
- What did the disciples do when they were together in the house?
- Why did they lock the door?
- Who were they afraid of?
- Who missed out on seeing Jesus?
- What did Thomas say when he was told that Jesus was alive?
- What did Thomas say when he saw Jesus with his own eyes?
- In what ways does Jesus prove that He is alive to us today?
Blessed are those who have not seen me and yet believe. John 20:29
Jesus died, and three days later, God raised Him back to life. It wasn’t until Thomas saw Jesus with his own eyes that he believed that Jesus was alive. Do you believe that Jesus is alive?
Dear God, thank you that Jesus revealed himself to Thomas and that you reveal yourself to us and live in us today. In Jesus name we pray, Amen.