In the Anglican Diocese of Bendigo and at the South East Bendigo Anglican Parish we affirm that all people have the right to be emotionally and physically safe, respected, and have their views and opinions valued at all times. We also live in a country that legislates for people’s safety.
God calls his body to minister to vulnerable people. God identified classes of vulnerable people who were to be protected and given special care and treatment in society because of their powerlessness (Ex. 22:21-22, Deut. 10:17-19, Jer. 22:2-4, James 1:27)
Safe Church Policy
Date of Issue: August 2015
Review Date: August 2017
For various Policy Documents relating to the ‘Safe Church Program’ follow these links:
Our Policy Aims To:
- Minimise the risk of abuse, ministry misconduct and the misuse of positional power.
- Ensure that all cases of suspected abuse and ministry misconduct are handled
- Ensure that leaders and programs are safe.
- Ensure that all people are respected and valued.
We Commit To:
- Safe recruitment of leaders.
- Adequate training of leaders.
- Continued supervision of leaders.
- Responding to allegations of risk of harm (abuse) and serious ministry misconduct
- Safe environments in our ministry programs
For a full outline of this policy please contact the Anglican Diocesan Registry (03) 5443-4711